SKIPPER ONLINE COURSE
How does it work?
- Cover the 7 modules in the comfort of your home, in your own time and only continue to the next module once feeling comfortable with the current module. There is no time limit set to complete the course.
- You will have a message system which you can use to get support or ask questions.
- There is a quiz at the end of each module and, if you use it to test yourself honestly, we can guarantee that you will pass the SAMSA examination paper.
- On the completion of all the modules, you will receive a certificate stating that you have completed the online course successfully.
- You can then contact an approved SAMSA examiner and arrange to write the SAMSA exam. Registered SAMSA examiners, affiliated to Skippers Online are published on this website. Most examiners will allow you to write the exam on a date and time which suits you.
- On successful completion of the examination the examiner will issue you with an interim license which is valid for 6 months. The examiner will submit all your documents to SAMSA who in turn will issue your permanent license during the 6 month period.
How long will it take?
We believe that the average person can complete all the modules in 6 to 8 hours. If you spend 1 to 2 hours a day on the material, it can be completed within a 3 day period. But, as we have mentioned before, you can complete the modules at your own pace. The record is 3 hours in one day!
What do I need to do the online course?
- A computer, tablet or device which allows you access the internet.
- An internet connection.
Two fees are payable.
- The fee for the online course is R630.00 – click here for a 15% family discount.
- The examination fee is set by the examiner and will include the license fee payable to SAMSA. This is only due when you write the exam. Fees are between (depends on the examiner’s location) R1,400 – R1,800. See examiners for their fees.
Enrollment is easy. Start your course within 5 minutes!
- Register as a student
- Enroll the skipper course.
- Click to pay on Payfast, one of the most popular and safe pay portals in South Africa. They accept credit cards, debit cards or you can do a secure EFT using the Payfast facility. Should you wish not to use a pay portal you can select the option to do an EFT from your own bank.
- Start your course!
Click here to register and enroll
Should you have any problems in registering , please contact us and we will assist.